The UK public sector is under constant pressure to be more efficient and effective. Initiatives resulting from major studies such as the Gershon and Lyons reports demonstrate the demands being made on governmental bodies – from staffing levels and pay to IT systems and public-private partnerships. The public’s rising expectations of customer service compound the challenge.
As one of the UK’s largest suppliers of networked IT solutions for government, we’re well-placed to help you improve services, gain operational efficiencies, and meet stringent budget targets. We’ve tackled many of the issues ourselves and have expertise in the areas where gains can be made.
For example, we can help you to benefit from networked and shared IT infrastructures, adopting best practice, simplifying procedures, and ensuring security standards are met. We can help you achieve greater efficiencies through outsourcing, mobile and flexible working. We can also help you to use customer contact centres and the Internet more effectively for greater efficiency of revenue collection, benefit distribution, and citizen engagement – as well as e-purchasing, e-procurement, and managing suppliers.
- WhitePaper: Clouds, Crowds and Customers: Doing Business as Unusual
- WhitePaper: The Rise of the Homeshored Contact Centre Advisor
- Case Study: SPD gets great customer experience and a 30 per cent cost saving with Scalable pay-as-you-go cloud‑based contact centre
- Case Study: Convergence spearheads service transformation at Cork County Council
- Case Study: Changing the focus of incapacity benefits at DWP
- Case Study: Hospital Trust creates new operational efficiencies with IP innovation
- Case Study: Groundbreaking public private partnership helps transform a major UK city council