This will be the Committee’s final evidence session of its Inquiry into the Government’s use of IT. They will be hearing from Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office and Ian Watmore the Chief Operating Officer of the Cabinet Office’s Efficiency and Reform Group. The Committee will examine the Government’s proposals for reforming Government IT and whether these will succeed where previous attempts have failed.
Particular issues that may arise include:
- Why Government IT has historically proved so difficult to reform;
- The relationship between Government and large IT suppliers;
- How the Government intends to increase its use of SMEs;
- How IT considerations are integrated into policy decision; and
- The potential for IT to transform public services.
Wednesday 30th March 2011
Committee Room 8
At 9:45 am
- Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office
- Ian Watmore, Chief Operating Officer, Efficiency and Reform Group, Cabinet Office
Subscribe for free
Register For This Site
Latest Forum Discussions
- Resourcing Projects and Programmes
- Recruitment and selection practices in the public sector
- Open source CMS
- Openness Is A Matter of Perspective
- UK Buzz Index for October 2011
- Mobile Government, Citizens & Data - Interim survey report
- Next Generation mGovernment Services – Learning and sharing how Gov’ is connecting, engaging and reaching people effectively over mobile digital networks and devices.